Friday, February 4, 2011

Et tu Cap'n Crunch?

I've been seeing/hearing/reading about many companies reducing the amount of actual food they're putting in packages these days, while maintaining the same old prices.

Truth hit home this morning over breakfast as Cap'n Crunch broke my heart. I opened the same sized box I've been used to, but the bag inside seemed....smaller. Less cereal. Perhaps it's just my imagination. (I do have an active one)

But the packaging failed the ultimate test: The "How much cereal spills back into the box and not into the bag after pouring a bowl full then closing the box?" test. When the bag inside is the same size as the box it's in, you don't get the "Spill Back" into the box instead of the bag.

But because the top of the bag wasn't near the height of the box, cereal ended inside the box, not the bag. A serious cereal faux pas.

Cap'n...you broke my heart.

(In the event the Cap'n has a response, I will post it in its entirety)

Brian Olson
Conversation Starters Public Relations
"We start the conversations about you"

No comments:

Post a Comment