Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All Those Zeros Add Up!

I heard my old friend, retired Senator Alan Simpson talking about the national debt. If Congress decides to raise it again, Simpson said our debt would be 14 Trillion, 600 Billion Dollars!

"I don't even know what that is" he exclaimed. Neither do I other than it must have a lot of zeros. I still think we need to officially designate Gazillion as the next measurement because if things don't stop it's where we'll crash.

Above all Simpson made an excellent point. Regardless of your political bent, ask your elected representatives exactly what they plan on doing to cut the budget. Substantive cuts. The real deal. Not vague posturing. Simpson predicts most if not all, will simply dance around the answer. Sadly he's right.

14 Trillion, 600 Billion Dollars. Think on that.

Brian Olson
Conversation Starters Public Relations
"We start the conversation about you"

No comments:

Post a Comment